College Cooking Hacks: Simple Recipes With Only Three Ingredients
With food delivery services, including GrubHub, UberEats and more, there are endless (but expensive) options for those group project meet-ups and late night study sessions. To save you time and money, we've gathered a couple of our favorite recipes for a healthy boost of energy while you're hitting the books. These are also great to share - which will win you lots of new friends in the study hall.
Ditch the takeout and swap your study snacks with these delicious, summer flavors:
Summer Watermelon Mint Salad
Total time: 15 min
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 2 limes, juiced
1. Cut watermelon into bite size chunks.
2. Sprinkle lime juice over watermelon.
3. Mix in mint leaves throughout.
4. Refrigerate before enjoying, then enjoy!
*Prepare approx 15 - 30 min before serving. Juices marinate together and become so tasty!
Beets with Feta and Basil
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 1 hour
• 2 lbs raw beets
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place beets in saucepan and cover with water. Bring pot to boil, simmer until beets are tender with a fork. (Approx 45 min)
2. When tender, place pot under running cold water. Once cooled, the skins can be removed easily by hand.
3. Chop beets and place in serving dish. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Crumble feta cheese over beets.
5. Cut basil leaves with scissors and sprinkle over the beets.
6. Serve at a summer party!